Overview of VOICE
VOICE is Georgia Tech’s sexual and relationship violence prevention and response initiative based in the Office of Health Initiatives. Launched in 2002 after Georgia Tech received a federal grant from the Department of Justice to address violence against women. The VOICE Initiative is coordinated in collaboration with many other offices and organizations on the Georgia Tech campus and in the surrounding community. We encourage you to continue exploring the rest of the VOICE website to find information about sexual violence, involvement opportunities, and resources for survivors of sexual violence or those supporting survivors.
Email email@example.com to join the VOICE listserv and receive periodic emails related to getting involved with VOICE and other upcoming programs and opportunities or visit the How to Get Involved page. For a full list of contacts visit the Contact Voice page.
Sexual Violence Prevention Alliance
The Sexual Violence Prevention Alliance (SVPA) is committed to preventing sexual assault on campus, increasing awareness of the issue, and increasing the number of students who seek assistance from campus and community resources.
The Sexual Violence Prevention Alliance, originally founded in 1995 as the Sexual Violence Task Force, is comprised of students, faculty and staff members from departments across campus. A newly formed Student Advisory Board on Sexual Violence represents a student branch of the SVPA.
We welcome new members year- round. If you are interested in learning more or getting involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings take place on the third Tuesday of each month at 10am.
SVPA Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Vision: An interdisciplinary community that is engaged and committed to collaboratively ending sexual violence at Georgia Tech.
Mission: To bring together campus and community stakeholders to provide leadership, planning, and oversight for sexual violence prevention and response initiatives at Georgia Tech.
Core Values - Members of the SVPA will:
- Ensure a diverse and committed membership of administrators, faculty, staff, and students in the Georgia Tech community who are engaged to create a campus culture that does not tolerate sexual violence.
- Participate in the development and implementation of VOICE programs and campaigns as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison for their campus network to ensure that sexual violence messages are consistent across campus stakeholder groups.
- Advocate for VOICE by serving as a resource for faculty and staff on campus around the issue of sexual violence and services for prevention and response.
Current Departments Represented on the Sexual Violence Prevention Alliance
- Athletic Association
- Campus Ministries (Campus Christian Fellowship, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta)
- Counseling Center
- Department of Housing
- Georgia Tech Police Department
- Grady Rape Crisis Center
- Greek Affairs
- Health Initiatives
- Human Resources
- Legal Affairs
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of International Education
- Office of Student Integrity
- Office of the President
- Parking and Transportation
- Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
- Student Government Association
- Women's Health, Stamps Health Services
- Women's Resource Center