Pet therapy is a guided interaction between a person and a trained animal. Pet therapy helps individuals recover and cope with health concerns and daily stressors stemming from work, school, and/or relationships. You may have previously seen pets on campus during finals week. However, since Georgia Tech students and employees experience stress and anxiety all year round, Health Initiatives is offering this program to you multiple times throughout the semester!
Research shows that pet therapy can help:
Stimulate memory and problem solving skills
Improve self esteem and focus interactions with peers, colleagues, and professors
Reduce blood pressure and assist in pain management
Where is Pet Therapy this Fall?
- August 29th, 6:00pm-7:30pm - Graduate Student Picnic
- September 6th, 11:00am - 12:30pm - Scheller Courtyard
- September 25th, 10:30am - 12:00pm - Student Center Piedmont Room
- October 10th: 6:00pm - 7:30pm - West Village Unplugged Room CANCELED
- October 25th, 12:00pm - 1:20pm - Molecular Science And Engineering Atrium
- November 16th, 11:00am - 12L30pm - College of Computing
- December 5th, 11:00am - 12:30pm - College of Computing