Waffle Iron-less Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- ¼ Vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) in a small bowl whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, beat egg before adding additional wet ingredients (water, oil, maple syrup, vanilla) and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until batter is thickened consistency.
- Heat greased grill pan over medium heat.
- Add spoonful of batter to heated pan.
- Flip waffles when you notice them bubbling on the uncooked side.
- If planning to cook all the waffles at once you can hold hot waffles in your oven at 200 degrees.
- Once finished cooking, too your waffles with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Topping suggestions: maple syrup, butter, peanut butter, jelly, fruit, yogurt